The Laminate vs Hardwood debate has been alive and vibrant for decades. Regardless of which material you favor, it is important to keep in mind that each has its pros and cons. To help sort through the facts, the experts at Floor Coverings International Seminole have developed this handy outline of the case for each:
The Case for Hardwood Flooring:
- There is no material that can replace the beautiful look of hardwood floors. They are a classic staple in many Largo homes and with proper care, can last more than a lifetime.
- They are a better long-term investment and once installed, hardwood floors can be refinished over and over again. This is not the case for laminate, which will only last you about 10 years. Laminate cannot be refinished and therefore, once a section is damaged, you’ll need to replace it entirely.
- Hardwood floors also have a stronger resale value and have stood the test of time when it comes to centuries of changing home design trends.
The Case for Laminate Flooring:
- The most well-known pro for laminate is its price. Laminate floors will always be less expensive than hardwood, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are less valuable.
- Laminate floors stand up better against normal wear and tear and tend to be more scratch resistant in general. They can be installed in moist areas such as bathroom and basements, where hardwoods are not recommended and are great for families with kids or pets.
- As hyper-realistic printing becomes more and more advanced, it has become increasingly difficult for homeowners to tell the difference between laminate and hardwood floors. You can now get the look of hardwood without the price and hassle.
Did this change your opinion? Let us know! No matter which side of the laminate vs. hardwood aisle you stand on, the experts at Floor Coverings International Seminole can help you turn your dream project into a reality. Call now to schedule a free in-home consultation.
You may also be interested in: